Destruction: Particles should fall only, when no more connection to lower particles
Question 
Hello,
after I have destroyed the middle of an object (voronoi > physX / kinematic > Surface Test with box >> physX switch, which lets them fall down),
I got a strange situation, that I couldn't solve:

Over them still were parts floating in the air. Of course I could animate another trigger box, but I woud like them to behave realistically.
As long they are connected to something, the should keep stable. But as soon as any connection is broken, they should of course fall to the ground.

Is there a way, to let objects fall to ground, as soon as nothing connects them anymore with any particles below? (just like real physics).
When I activate gravity from the beginning, they start falling to early. Also PhysX Bind Glue is just a workaround.

(I also tried"Property Test > neighbor", but could not get it to react properly and also they have neighbors floating side by side with them)

Thanks for reply
I have a breadth-first bind search in the Property Test that allows you to test for regular bind connectivity like that, but not PhysX bind connectivity...I should make a note about that and add it in the future.
thanks, I will have a look!
(03-12-2020, 06:19 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I have a breadth-first bind search in the Property Test that allows you to test for regular bind connectivity like that, but not PhysX bind connectivity...I should make a note about that and add it in the future.

Hello Tyson, I just wanted to ask back about this kind of Property Test, to prevent mesh parts floating in the air.
(simple example: collapsing house due to impact in the house middle, but the roof keeps floating in the air, even after below everything is collapsed).

I have seen there the Test Type "Binds Broken (PhysX)", is that maybe the attribute? 
In case yes, how should it be set up for a floating mesh of many pieces.

I always think, it must be somehow tested, if there is any connection to the "ground" left. Like testing if the "chain" of neighbours still has any contact to the ground. 

(The situation, that pieces just float unwanted in the air, happens more often to me, so I came back on this topic. Maybe worth an simple example file for beginners Wink)

Many thanks
There already is an example file showing how to do it.
great, I will go through them