tyFlow v0.16008 (BETA)
More fixes, also some new example files!

http://beta.tyflow.com

* VRay 3.6 supported in tyFlow 2017/2018/2019. VRay NEXT supported in tyFlow 2017/2018/2019/2020
* particles can override cloth UVs
* fixed improper face distribution when spawn particles set to ""parent shape surface""
* fixed bug where Birth Surface operator would crash if target object had no selection and mode was set to "selected vertices/faces".
* "Particle Age" added to animation offset keying for Scale operator
* Scale operator's "uniform" checkbox now works when in velocity mode
* fixed a bug where colliders in continuous interaction mode would still stop particles if their thickness was greater than 0
* fixed a bug where particles exported to objects at frame 1 don't get a proper transform keyframe at frame 0
* fixed a bug where resizing the tyFlow window would reset changes made to the height of the operator depot
* fixed error with mapping operator modifying incorrect mapping channels

For those who were having trouble with QuickType not popping up with the TAB key...I added a new checkbox to the "Debugging" rollout of tyFlow called "Print editor keycodes". If you could turn that on and click the editor and press some keys, then check the listener for a printout...that will tell me if your keyboard entry is being accepted at a base level or not. Let me know what the listener says if you try it Smile
Quick note...the versions for VRayNEXT were compiled incorrectly....doing a quick rebuild and they'll be back up shortly!
Awesome!
Ok, VRay NEXT version is back up!
Great work!!! Big Grin thx!!!
eyyyy great work!
(04-05-2019, 09:43 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Ok, VRay NEXT version is back up!

Hi, thanks for the update and for the beta test release!

Is the update button in Tyflow supposed to download the incremental updates and download the latest DLL files and install etc, because when I click it it says up to date, but when I check here, new versions?
Quote:For those who were having trouble with QuickType not popping up with the TAB key...I added a new checkbox to the "Debugging" rollout of tyFlow called "Print editor keycodes". If you could turn that on and click the editor and press some keys, then check the listener for a printout...that will tell me if your keyboard entry is being accepted at a base level or not. Let me know what the listener says if you try it Smile

Tab not working for me on Danish keyboard layout. Listener gives me "tyFlow001: Editor keycode: 9"
Hello !
And at once I want to congratulate on the successful release of this miracle Smile Thank you for doing this work, it is very cool !
I wanted to ask, is Vray Next in GPU mode not working?

p.s. A couple of days ago I was playing with tyflow, and found somewhere the button "bake into geometry" .. it could help me out, but I forgot where it is))
If my English is bad, please forgive, I use Google translator. )
It seems VRay NEXT GPU is indeed having problems, that I will look at this weekend.

The option to export particles to geometry is in the "Export Particles" operator.

As for the Danish keyboard...is your Windows set to Danish as well by chance? (or a non-english language)...someone else said some issues were solved by switching to English. In the meantime I will try to repro these issues over here by changing my windows language and see if I can fix them. Good news is that editor keycode 9 is correct for TAB, so it seems the .NET connection is what's not working.
Oh, it will be just cool! If it also works in GPU mode, then I just don’t know what else you can ask from tyflow =))

P.s. and according to my feelings, tyflow simulations really work faster than in Houdini, it is unbelievable!
P.S 2:
And I also remembered something that .. when I turn on rendering in the GPU, I feel it feels like that the geometry itself is loaded into the video memory, just is not displayed.
This is noticeable on a different number of particle. at the beginning of the 0-5 frame, IPR loads very quickly, when there are not many of them, but when there are a lot of particles, IPR loads longer (as if loading geometry into video memory). I hope this somehow helps)

Thanks !
Hi there Tyson!

The Script example is not working for me, neither the autobackup version... Smile
The script operator should work in the next build I'm about to post. The error had to do with non-english Windows locales replacing the decimal "." with a comma "," in the math equations internally. So let me know if v0.16009 works for you once it's posted.
(04-05-2019, 11:04 PM)tyFlow Wrote: It seems VRay NEXT GPU is indeed having problems, that I will look at this weekend.

The option to export particles to geometry is in the "Export Particles" operator.

As for the Danish keyboard...is your Windows set to Danish as well by chance? (or a non-english language)...someone else said some issues were solved by switching to English. In the meantime I will try to repro these issues over here by changing my windows language and see if I can fix them. Good news is that editor keycode 9 is correct for TAB, so it seems the .NET connection is what's not working.

I'm actually not sure what causes it because my Windows display language is English (US) and if i change Input language to English as well, it STILL doesn't work. So if i have English/English, it still doesn't work. Very odd especially if it's sending the correct keycode. The ONLY thing that isn't pure English is the region selection, but i don't think this has anything to do with language or input at all. https://imgur.com/yroIEwu
Make sure you're using the latest version. The problem you're having was fixed in v0.16009.
(04-08-2019, 08:08 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Make sure you're using the latest version. The problem you're having was fixed in v0.16009.

My bad, didn't see there was a update. Works now!