Voronio fracture on moving obj
Hello

I have a scene with a moving car over a plane. Above i have a tyICon which acts as a shooter. It shoots balls down towards the target (the car.)
When working with static geo it works perfect.  
Dealing with an moving object, i have issue. I loose the movement.  I have enabled the position, scale and rotation but still no luck...

when Voronio fracture is enabled there is no movement it is just static geo but it gets fractured correctly when hit by the shooter. Only when I move the Voronio fracture over to another event where i also have  the PhysX , when surface test is met then it moves but when it get hi,  it has an unnatural hold. It first stops then slowly breaks to pieces...

Any hints here??

Thanks again

THANK YOU to member d4rk3lf for supporting me in my first issue...

Br Hamid
I saw your same question in other thread, but....
It's hard to tell without seeing a scene (or at least preview, and screenshot of the flow).

First of all, have you played with mass in PhysX? You should try some extreme numbers, like 100 mass for the balls shooting (and the car itself), and 0,1 mass for the brick wall.
Also, if it is all happening very fast, you might want to consider changing step to 1/2 or 1/4 in Tyflow icon.

Btw, you don't need PhysX shape in next events, it goes automatically in next event, unless you add PhysX switch in next event and set it to deactivate.
Same goes for shape operator.
(07-08-2020, 10:28 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: I saw your same question in other thread, but....
It's hard to tell without seeing a scene (or at least preview, and screenshot of the flow).

First of all, have you played with mass in PhysX? You should try some extreme numbers, like 100 mass for the balls shooting (and the car itself), and 0,1 mass for the brick wall.
Also, if it is all happening very fast, you might want to consider changing step to 1/2 or 1/4 in Tyflow icon.

Btw, you don't need PhysX shape in next events, it goes automatically in next event, unless you add PhysX switch in next event and set it to deactivate.
Same goes for shape operator.

Thank you for reply buddy. I will try to upload a file later. Am at work till late today. 
But basically exact same setup as in your file. Except two things. Instead of brick fracture it is Voronio fracture and instead of a static wall it is a moving obj. Like animate a geometry going from right to left. 
Why does the geo not move when Voronio is enabled? If I disable it then it moves.
You will need object bind operator, if you want your fragments to follow the initial box.
When you birth an object with "birth object", keep in mind it is only birthing it at the first frame (and don't care about rest frames, if the source is animated).
This is where "object bind" operator comes in place. Just pick your initial animated box and it will follow.

Attaching you file.
Notice that I added mass operator to both wall and the balls, and I made fragments of wall much lighter then the balls. Otherwise, the balls would just bounce of the wall, in most cases.

Attached Files
.rar   Neighbors_PhysX_prob_solved.rar (Size: 41.39 KB / Downloads: 192)
Thank you very much.
I will check that out for sure...

The mass operator makes good sence..
Thanks man..

This is great learning.. It works.
Gotto play some more with it..