Fucntion that returns a dictionary or nested Array of Nodes and Particle IDs
It would be great to get a nested array or dictionary for all the nodes and particle ids in the entire flow.

You can go to individual Events and get the shapelist from the Birth Objects operator and associate them to their place in the array (Index == ID) but if you have multiple Events you would have to append the arrays together then try to connect them to their IDs.

It would be nice to just get the information from the overall Flow...

$'Tyflow001'.getNodeAndIDArrays()

could return...

{<node01> : <node01 ID>, <node02> : <node02 ID>, ....
or
[[<node01>,<node01 ID>],[<node02>,<node02 ID>], ....

Even if you couldn't do it for the entire flow if you could get that information at the Operator Level it would help a lot. You would not have to append the arrays together and try to associate the IDs to them.

-Paul
This seems a bit too esoteric to add as a feature, but you could just iterate the lists and get particle IDs with maxscript, constructing your own nested arrays along the way.
(12-31-2020, 09:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: This seems a bit too esoteric to add as a feature, but you could just iterate the lists and get particle IDs with maxscript, constructing your own nested arrays along the way.

Of course you are right.  I just thought it would be a nice thing to add but by no means something that everyone needs.  Loving working with Tyflow.
(01-01-2021, 05:45 AM)Hyperanim8or Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 09:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: This seems a bit too esoteric to add as a feature, but you could just iterate the lists and get particle IDs with maxscript, constructing your own nested arrays along the way.

Of course you are right.  I just thought it would be a nice thing to add but by no means something that everyone needs.  Loving working with Tyflow.

Man-O-Man was I over thinking it.  Duh!!!

I just take the tyflow_node_ that is output and use the nodes name to tie it to the particle id.