Can array operator create 1D/2D/3D arrays?
Hi dear community.

I am trying to create a matrix of particles like this. So far the array operator can only create a ring. How do I create this in tyflow using operators?

(Right now my approach is to create it in 3ds max, then combine it into one object, then use "birth object" -> Object elements option to break the sub-objects into particles. This way it's not very ideal since they are no longer instances, and it's hard to adjust the dimensions once created.)

[Image: Hb8Fhoc.jpg]

Also, how to create arrays in hexagon?

Thanks a lot!

[Image: 64891834-abstract-hexagon-chaotic-patter...ration.jpg]
Seems like Birth Voxels would be a better fit for that setup. Or you can just use the Script operator and have full control.
Thanks, Tyson. Voxel works great! :-D As to the hexagon, scripting is a little too much for us layman users. I guess I will just do it in C4D only for that purpose. :-D

Is it possible to add a few more features to array operator so that tyflow can get into motion graphic design market with minimum effort?
The hexagon layout only requires every-other-column offsets, which you can do with the Birth Voxels operator. From there just set the particle Shape to be a cylinder with 6 sides and you should be set to go.
(01-06-2021, 05:32 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The hexagon layout only requires every-other-column offsets, which you can do with the Birth Voxels operator. From there just set the particle Shape to be a cylinder with 6 sides and you should be set to go.

Thanks again, Tyson. That sounds doable. But I couldn't find this every-other-column offset. I tried both progressive and overall offsets, none of them can achieve it. It seems like progressive offset only affects the offset between layers. So I can shift the rows to match the pattern, but they have to stay in different layers.

[Image: NwbAEjg.jpg]

Top view looks promising, but the side view shows that they are all in different heights.
[Image: wUFRP5g.jpg]

[Image: kH8NZQF.jpeg]
Oh woops I spoke to soon...you're right, the offsets in the Birth Voxels operator are for top-to-bottom rows only.

You could always create a plane object in max, offset the vertices of every other row of verts, then do a Birth Surface in tyFlow and birth on the verts.