Local Positions in property test
Question 
hi,
i checked the balloon actor example and was wondering how  we can attach those balloons to a different surface instead of TyIcon
in the  example, string particles are checked for z position and are removed from particle binding   , so that they remain attached to surface .
Now what if i want to  achieve same result with teapot .  how will i  test the strings  for z position  , so that  they  remain attached to teapot
Use a object/surface test to select the particles near the teapot then deactivate the binds in the resulting event ... add an object bind to the same event pointing to the teapot.

In theory anyway! Big Grin
(04-08-2019, 01:10 PM)Adam Trowers Wrote: Use a object/surface test to select the particles near the teapot then deactivate the binds in the resulting event ... add an object bind to the same event pointing to the teapot.

In theory anyway! Big Grin

tried it but it dosent work as clean as z position test on flat icon.
with surface test  not all  strings get selected , hence  more then half of baloons fly away on sim start
secondly  those  strings that get selected  have random number  of particles selected  from bottom , whereas originally only  first  particle from bottom is selected  in  flat icon z position test