Exporting specific objects with TyCache
Wondering if there's a way to exclude objects from the tyCache. I think you can do it for particles, but when it comes to Cloth, you either get to export all cloth or none.

Any way to mask this? Only way I can think of is after the fact by isolating cloth based on material ID or something to that effect and deleting what I don't want.

edit: there also seems to be an error when using TyCache Material ID culling. it seems to work for particles but stops working if those particles turn in to a cloth, the odd thing is a Volume Select modifier selecting by material ID works with the same cached mesh.
Yea you'd have to isolate the cloth you don't want with a tySelect or something and then put a DeleteMesh modifier on top.

Can you describe your usage scenario?
(04-16-2021, 03:06 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Yea you'd have to isolate the cloth you don't want with a tySelect or something and then put a DeleteMesh modifier on top.

Can you describe your usage scenario?

basically it's a flow that has a number of interacting elements, Cloths colliding with particles, then a few particles that turn in to cloths, I was hoping to isolate each elements, use some for skin wrap and others as they are with mesh smooth/displace etc.

It's cumbersome working with these elements because i'd have to load the entire cached mesh for each element, use volume select/tySelect to isolate them via material id and delete the rest. It would be better if i could just cache specific events individually.