PhysX Collision Inter-Particle Collisions Test
I'm trying to figure out how to test for a  Inter-Particle Collision from two different events.

Event A has a sphere of PhysX particles binding to each to create a bouncy ball.

Event B is shooting PhysX particles at Event A

In event A I place a PhysX Collision Inter-Particle Collisions Test and I want to send out Event A particles only when they collide with Event B Particles and not with each other.

I can't seem to find the logic with all the tests to make this happen.

It would be great If I could test for each inter particle collision to see if there was a custom prop value assigned.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Andy
In this case, using a Particle Groups operator is the most efficient way.

If you want Event A to send out when colliding with Event B, set particles groups in event A to [1] and particle groups in event B to [1,2] (overlapping, so they collide with each other, but different so they can be differentiated in the test).

Then in your PhysX Collision operator in Event A, set the group condition to [equals 1,2]...that way the test condition will be met only when a particle in A collides with a particle in B.

Attached Files
.max   groupCollision.max (Size: 720 KB / Downloads: 175)
That's it thanks.
I had that all set up exactly except for the Equal option in the PhysX Collision Sim Group.

Onward
Andy
There must be the same group between the interacting particles.In addition, more groups need to be added for the judgment of the operator, which should be the meaning.