Mesh (Trimesh) bug
HiĀ 

think this is a bug
thanks

Attached Files
.mp4   bug.mp4 (Size: 938.01 KB / Downloads: 129)
.zip   dumpdata.zip (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 113)
Hi, I'm having trouble parsing the minidump. What version of Max are you using?
What type of input mesh are you trying to add with the Shape operator? According to the minidump the mesh being generated by the Mesh operator has 250 million + verts. It's crashing because you don't have enough RAM.

Choose instances, not trimesh.
for input mesh, I used sphere (MidRes) .
yes, You were right. unfortunately, Octane render engine could not render instances Mode

thanks
Octane should support tyFlow instancing...but I think you need to enable the particle interface on the flow you're trying to render as instances first.
(07-21-2021, 03:28 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Octane should support tyFlow instancing...but I think you need to enable the particle interface on the flow you're trying to render as instances first.

thanks, yes this works.

and now set velocity at 0.05% (Flow update node )and set display percent at 0.05%(Display node), but in the preview render, I have all particles.

how can reduce the particles?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Those Flow Update properties are multiplies to the values, not multipliers on the particle count.

If you want to reduce particles, use a Split operator (with timing set to 'on entry') and choose probability mode and set the test result type to delete (or send to an event with a delete operator). Then choose a probability that matches how many particles you want (ex: 95% probability means only 5 percent of particles will be left).