How to load PRT Sequences?
Hey,

After playing around for the last couple of days, I finally wanted to start rendering some stuff.
Here is were I´m stuck:

I want to render a grain sim. I don´t have a mesh op in the flow, since I figured I´d just load a PRT sequence and then either render that with the vrayinstancer, or mesh ist first with Vraymetaballs.

So do I need Krakatoas PRT loader to load PRT sequences? 
I don´t remember - was that free? And if so, do I just install the demo?
I can load the PRT sequence with the Phoenix PRT reader, but I can´t pick that in the Birth PRT and Update PRT ops...

Another problem is rendering with Vraymetaballs. When I picked the tyFlow with it, I could use the particle size to wrap the mesh around the particles, but when I use that with the PRT sequence from the PRT reader.
I can probably work around it by adding a mesh op and exporting as tyCache, but I just wanted to know the suggested workflow here...

ok, first things to check off:
1. You can export tyCache with excluded shape and then use the Vrayinstancer to render.
2. You can also load the PRT sequence with the Phoenix PRT reader and render it with the Phoenix Particle shader.

What I can´t do this way:

1. Use the tyFlow PRT Birth and PRT update ops (for example to get more control over the shapes being rendered, than available with the Vrayinstancer)
Currently tyFlow is only compatible with PRTLoader from Thinkbox as an input. Eventually I plan to write my own dedicated loader (it's already on the roadmap).
Oh, cool, I´ll leave you to it then...Wink
(04-09-2019, 06:04 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I plan to write my own dedicated loader (it's already on the roadmap).

hi dear ...
any news for dedicated loader soon?
It's very low priority at the moment, mostly because Krakatoa PRTLoader exists and it's free. I don't have an estimate for when my own will be ready.