Floating in the air ?
Hi,
I'm making a cloud made of square sprites with opacity on it.
I position hundreds of those sprites in the volume of a meshe so it make the cloud.
But they are static.

How to make them float or oscillate slowly in the volume ?
Is there an operator to do this ?

-
Max 2021 + TF 1.005
You could move them around with some noise forces or something, then use a Push In/Out operator to push particles back in if they start to move out. Or could you use another plugin like FumeFX or PhoenixFD to simulate fluid (smoke) within the volume, then advect particles with the resulting grid. If the source geometry for the fluid is air-tight, there shouldn't be any leaking and the particles will stay inside.
(05-27-2022, 01:21 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You could move them around with some noise forces or something, then use a Push In/Out operator to push particles back in if they start to move out. Or could you use another plugin like FumeFX or PhoenixFD to simulate fluid (smoke) within the volume, then advect particles with the resulting grid. If the source geometry for the fluid is air-tight, there shouldn't be any leaking and the particles will stay inside.

Thanks, I tried to add a Force operator using an animated Noise but it doesnt have the expected effect :
the particles just move into the air in straight line
instead of moving according to the noise.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The noise I'm referring to in the Force operator is the built-in noise in the operator itself. Adding a noise spacewarp to it won't achieve the desired effect.
(05-27-2022, 05:45 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The noise I'm referring to in the Force operator is the built-in noise in the operator itself. Adding a noise spacewarp to it won't achieve the desired effect.

Ok, thanks again, it works perfectly now!