Caching tyActor rig particles without meshes
Hi everybody,

I have a flow using a tyActor and deform the instanced actors with PhysX.
My setup is similar to the one in this tutorial by Allan McKay (when he is spawning several cars): Tyflow Tutorial - Dynamic Car Destruction (3ds max 2019) - YouTube

My issue: In my flow I need a lot more instanced actors, so if I export to a tyCache with the mesh data, individual cache file size would exceed several gigabytes.

I wonder if there's a way to cache actor rig particles without the data of the deformed mesh and re-apply the actor mesh to the cached rig particles at a later time.

I'm quite new to tyFlow, so hopefully I haven't missed anything totally obvious.
Once you bake it down to tyCache you remove the skinning info and are left with deforming meshes, yes. Currently there's no way to keep things lighter directly within tyCache.

The workaround would be skinning your meshes with tyCache particles directly, instead of exporting the meshes within the tyCache.
Thanks. Smile
So last year I was able to work around the issue by just not caching at all.

Right now I'm facing a similar issue.
Can you please give me a hint on how to skin my meshes with tyCache particles directly?

You can see roughly what I want to achieve in the attached image:
Plant actors going from right to left and are (permanently) deformed in the middle.
I will need a lot more than the total of ten I have right now in this prove of concept.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)