Speed Operator - New Mode - Object Closest Element Center Out
Hi!

Like Object Center Out and Object Z-Axis Out it would be cool if this could work by subobject element.
So, Object Closest Element Center Out or Object Closest Element Z-Axis Out.

This means, tyFlow needs to check which is the closest element to each particle and add a speed center out velocity from that element center to those particles.

Thank you and greetings!
Do you actually want element-center-out in your case? Or would something like closest surface normal give you more accuracy? The Surface Force operator can move particles by nearest normal...
(07-28-2022, 02:13 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Do you actually want element-center-out in your case? Or would something like closest surface normal give you more accuracy? The Surface Force operator can move particles by nearest normal...

Yes I know of surface force operator. But I need it for thin sheet metal housing parts (elements), which have a front- and a backface and with surface force, also a huge amount of particles moves inwards those elements, which is not desired. With element-center-out, I can make shure that all the particles move properlay away from the element.
Interesting...

A current workaround could be: import the geo into the flow with Birth Objects, split by element, then assign a group not assigned to your other particles. Finally, add a Flock operator to your other particles which are repulsed by the particles in the assigned group. You can set timing to entry if you just need that initial burst away from the centers.
(07-30-2022, 12:45 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Interesting...

A current workaround could be: import the geo into the flow with Birth Objects, split by element, then assign a group not assigned to your other particles. Finally, add a Flock operator to your other particles which are repulsed by the particles in the assigned group. You can set timing to entry if you just need that initial burst away from the centers.

Thanks! Will try.