multiple collision/spawns
Really simple question .. I have a Collision sending out to a Spawn when it collides with a mesh. I want the particle to collide with the mesh multiple times but I can see no option to prevent the Collision from sending the particle out on the first collision. So I end up with the first collision working perfectly, but then no particle in the Event holding the Collision to trigger subsequent Spawns.

Where is this setting?
Send the spawn particles out to their own event, then the main particle back to the Collision event.
(08-12-2022, 04:49 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Send the spawn particles out to their own event, then the main particle back to the Collision event.

I'm coming from ParticleFlow and starting from zero here.
If I link it up in a similar way to PFlow, I get particles continuously birthing and no second collision.
I know there must be multiple ways to do this in Tyflow. Apologies for the slowness, but could you please expound a little?

Thanks

Actually there's a simpler way, I just forgot Smile

Don't send anything out from the Collision operator. Then below it, place a Spawn operator and set the mode to 'marked for collision spawn' and then send those spawned particles to another event. Then in the collision operator set 'evaluation timing' to 'in order' and enable 'mark for collision spawn'.
Weird. I'm having trouble getting it working. Are there any other settings that might be influencing it?
It looks like the collision isn't being recocgnised at all.

Thanks.

What's the Object Bind for?

Moving particles by position will violate collision requirements (you're essentially teleporting particles around, which can cause them to tunnel through colliders)...make sure you're just moving with forces.
It's bound to a point travelling on a path. I've attached the data (max 2020). Is there any way around the problem?

Thanks

.zip   collisionTest2.zip (Size: 72.75 KB / Downloads: 66)
When I load the file I see the particles generated at the collision (20 particles are sent to event_006 by the Spawn operator)....

Are you using a really old build or something?
Strange. I see nothing. I have v0.16135 (BETA) installed.
In the data I attached I forgot to extend the timeline. Do the second and third collisions also work?

Thanks
If I set Object Bind to 'linear spring' mode (so it's force based and not position based), I see all of them. It's possible there's a bug in the old BETA build preventing the proper behavior...
It works perfectly.

Thank you!

Sorry, I accidentally deleted my old post there.
Installing the latest version and setting to "linear spring" fixed the problem. Multiple collisions are working now.

Thanks for the help!