Loop back to an earlier event?
Is there any way to loop a particle back to an earlier event?

To describe what I'm trying to accomplish: I want to have some particles that are displaced when they collide with another object and then the return to their original position, rotation, etc... I have all of that built. It would be ideal if once a particle has resumed it's original position if it could just be sent back to the earlier even where it waits to collide with the object again. This would allow me to animate the collision object without having to worry about even timing on the particle side (creating a somewhat interactive animation that could be changed easily).

I've never seen this done in tutorials but it seems like this is something that should exist. Ideas?
You can loop events just by sending them back/forth using regular condition operators (ex: Send Out).

For restoring prior properties (ex: moving back to a prior position), you can save those properties using a Custom Properties operator and also restore them (with interpolation) using Custom Properties as well.
Okay thanks! I had the custom properties part down okay but wasn't sure about how to loop back.

Is there an operator that is the reverse of "Send Out" that receives the particles that have been looped back?

(I would look but I don't have my software in front of me at the moment)
I'm not sure what you mean...all operators must output to events, and the operators in an event are processed in order, so the first operator in an event could be considered the operator that 'receives' an event, I guess.

tyFlow internally prevents infinite loops from occurring in your flow design, so there's no issue with Event A sending to B and event B sending to A.
as i understand there is a misunderstanding of you about tyflow in ur thoughts i beleive (if not i m sorry)
in tyflow particles not always going forward.. what i meant is you do not have to sent events to +1 like event 1---> event 2 ---> event 3... etc...
you can use "send out, property test , etc to send out events for instance event 99--->to event 01
there is no rule that u cant ...
in your case if i were you i ll send out my particles lets say ur particles returned their orginal pos at event 6... since their velocity will be 0 i ll put a property test and checked their velocity aand send them back to event 01 if particles need some waiting frames then using a time test operator and send them back to event 1 ....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm not sure I understand if you're asking a question or just describing your result in your latest post, but yes there's nothing wrong happening in that screenshot. You can loop events like that without an issue.
(08-18-2022, 04:57 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not sure I understand if you're asking a question or just describing your result in your latest post, but yes there's nothing wrong happening in that screenshot. You can loop events like that without an issue.

"tried" to describe Smile
Thanks so much for everyone's help with this!