Strange GPU motion blur anomaly
Has anyone else encountered this weird anomoly while using arnold/gpu render/motion blur? In this case it's a simple birth objects process. The same occurs when I use the birth operator using 3D sphere shapes.

The black overlaps do not show up rendering with CPU. Nor do they show up with motion blur turned off.  Those are the only commonalities in this situation.

Thanks!

That's very strange...is this a VRay render? You'll have to send your scene to the Chaos devs since they handled the tyFlow-to-VRay-GPU implementation.
(09-05-2022, 04:35 PM)tyFlow Wrote: That's very strange...is this a VRay render? You'll have to send your scene to the Chaos devs since they handled the tyFlow-to-VRay-GPU implementation.

It's rendered in Arnold. I can't get the problem to duplicate outside of Tyflow.

Thanks!
Sorry, I missed where you originally said Arnold. In that case you’d have to contact Autodesk. They handled the tyFlow MaxToA implementation.
(09-05-2022, 08:16 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Sorry, I missed where you originally said Arnold. In that case you’d have to contact Autodesk. They handled the tyFlow MaxToA implementation.

Thanks! I did that. In the meantime, I'd like to reiterate that this anomaly only happens within the Tyflow environment. If I export the particles as objects the anomaly goes away.

Arnold doesn't process particle meshes the same way it does node meshes, so it would make sense that an Arnold bug may affect one but not the other.