Kinematic to Dynamic ( Basketball Animation )
Hi all, i just want to have a simple basketball throwing out by using kinematic to dynamic in TYFLOW.
previously i using 3ds MASSFX to do this action, but when going to duplicate some object will be keep lagging, that why i change to TYFLOW for the workflow.
so, back to the question how to use TYFLOW from kinematic switch to Dynamic , thanks !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can use time test for that.

So, in the initial event it should be:
PhysX Shape
PhysX Switch (kinematic)
Time test (at frame 5).... all this connected to next event that only have:
--
PhysX Switch (dynamic)
----------

One note:
In your screenshot I see that PhysX shape is bellow, PhysX switch... PhysX shape should always be above every PhysX operator, because it's initialized in PhysX shape.
(10-04-2022, 04:57 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You can use time test for that.

PhysX Shape
PhysX Switch (kinematic)
--
PhysX Switch (dynamic)
----------

One note:
In your screenshot I see that PhysX shape is bellow, PhysX switch... PhysX shape should always be above every PhysX operator, because it's initialized in PhysX shape.

HI Thanks for the correction, i try the method but in the end still cannot work, please advise me got any step wrong?

(10-18-2022, 04:11 AM)zelly2888 Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 04:57 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You can use time test for that.

PhysX Shape
PhysX Switch (kinematic)
--
PhysX Switch (dynamic)
----------

One note:

HI Thanks for the correction, i try the method but in the end still cannot work, please advise me got any step wrong?

Attached Files
.max   Tyflow_Basketball_test_01.max (Size: 564 KB / Downloads: 72)
.mp4   2022-10-18 12-12-42.mp4 (Size: 2.67 MB / Downloads: 65)
Ahh I see...
PhysX don't inherit velocity from birth object, so I turned that off, and added Object Bind (with verlet integration (so it transfer velocity).
I also had to reduce gravity quite a bit, because I felt it was too strong, and I've played with 3 settings (restitucion, statick and dynamic friction), in both PhysX shape, and Tyflow ground floor settings, in order to make them bounce and have friction as I liked.
I added another collision object just for fun. Smile

Check out the attachment, and let me know if that's what you wanted.

Attached Files
.max   PhzsX.max (Size: 668 KB / Downloads: 100)
(10-18-2022, 05:44 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Ahh I see...
PhysX don't inherit velocity from birth object, so I turned that off, and added Object Bind (with verlet integration (so it transfer velocity).
I also had to reduce gravity quite a bit, because I felt it was too strong, and I've played with 3 settings (restitucion, statick and dynamic friction), in both PhysX shape, and Tyflow ground floor settings, in order to make them bounce and have friction as I liked.
I added another collision object just for fun. Smile

Check out the attachment, and let me know if that's what you wanted.

Hey , thanks for your help, finally i understand why.. haha
you are so good! Big Grin