Pointclouds with motion blur
I realize there have been a few posts concerning this matter, but I still can't find a solution (or have overlooked it, so please point me to it in that case).
1. I create a tyFlow simulation and all particles are fine (including mapping from the vertex channel)
2. I want to render these particles as PARTICLES (pointcloud/non-scaled) with motion blur, but without assigning a shape (which introduces a massive overhead for rendering)
3. I've exported the simulation to both alembic and prt (VRayProxy requires a shape, so no option in this case) with "velocity" channel enabled

Neither can I render the .abc file nor the .prt file with MoBlur.
I was hoping that the .prt file would work (as particle-MoBlur works with the Chaos Particleshader using native Phoenix simulations), but it doesn't with an imported/referenced prt.

So what's the solution? .PRTs seem the most promising, should I reach out to Chaos for integration into their Particleshader?
Does Krakatoa interpret the velocity channel from .PRTs? However, using the Krakatoa renderer is not the most intuitive/compatible solution...

Many thanks,
Guy
Krakatoa can render motion blur, yes. So can VRay. Hard to say what the problem is without a file and/or more info about your setup. PRT will need to contain the proper channels and your render settings will need to be setup properly for motion blur, etc. Should ultimately be possible.
Thanks for the reply!
Always a bit of an issue to create a simplified scene just focusing on the issue at hand...
Anyway, hope the attached (super simple) scene can be used as illustration: what export settings are required to get these points rendered with motion blur?

And here's an example closer to a real world scene:

exported as VRayProxy with age, position, velocity and color channels enabled.

Motion blur works fine in this case, but these are spheres, not points.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   tyFlow-MoBlur.max (Size: 912 KB / Downloads: 58)
In your scene, when I enable motion blur in the VRay render settings as well as the VRay camera, I get motion blur on the particles rendered as points using a PhoenixFD Particle Shader object.