tyFlow v1.014
tyFlow 1.014 is up!

https://pro.tyflow.com

Additions:

* added "diagonal expansion" setting to Terrain Tile copy mode, which can be disabled to only expand tiles along cardinal axes
* added "use grid timescale" parameter to Fluid Force operator
* previous tyFlow versions are now accessible on the download page
* added "save color values" option to Terrain Scatter operator, for saving color channel values to particle custom properties channels
* internal upgrade to PhysX 5.1 SDK (CUDA DLLs updated on download page to include PhysX 5 versions for PhysX GPU simulations)

Fixes:

* Terrain Mesh 'render-only' option is now off by default
* Terrain Mesh 'extract mesh' feature will now work even if 'render-ony' is enabled
* Terrain Export operator now accepts asterisks in names of color channels to export
* fixed a regression that prevented FumeFX 5 from working with various Fluid operators
* fixed an issue where the Export Terrain operator wasn't properly exporting terrains with ":" characters in their name
* fixed a crash that could occur when using the "resample maps" option of the Export Terrain operator
* fixed an issue where the tyConform modifier in temporal conform mode wouldn't work properly if the underlying mesh had transform keyframes or was linked to another object with transform keyframes
* fixed a regression that could cause Max to crash when click the [...] menu of a tyCache object
* fixed an error preventing terrain from rendering from the command line (network rendering)
How do we create tiling of terrain that doesn't repeat and you cannot see tiling effect? That was the main problem with world creator. Thank you
The Terrain Tile operator has options to copy multiple tiles into a grid and also rotate them randomly. It also has blending options to blend the tiles together seamlessly.

If you really want a terrain with no repetitions, start with a large grid that you subdivide with the Terrain Tile operator, adding changes/details to various smaller areas, rather than starting with a single tile and copying it out.
(02-24-2023, 06:05 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The Terrain Tile operator has options to copy multiple tiles into a grid and also rotate them randomly. It also has blending options to blend the tiles together seamlessly.

If you really want a terrain with no repetitions, start with a large grid that you subdivide with the Terrain Tile operator, adding changes/details to various smaller areas, rather than starting with a single tile and copying it out.

Thank you!
(02-24-2023, 06:05 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The Terrain Tile operator has options to copy multiple tiles into a grid and also rotate them randomly. It also has blending options to blend the tiles together seamlessly.

Also would be  great one day to get auto generated limitless terrain and it gets detailed only where the camera is with a certain radius.
please can you help me I just install tyflow in 3d max 2022 but when I using Vray, render become black Although there is lighting in the scene.
Quick question! I've been playing around with terrain operators and I've been noticing some grid-like(horizontal and vertical) patterns all over the terrain when erosion is applied. It looks like the erosion patterns prefer to follow mesh subdivisions over gravity in some areas. Is this fixable? (Amazing updates by the way, keep it up!)