Settle or freeze particles prior to next event?
Noob alert, Blush  I'm certain I am not creating a correct or optimal flow, it is working except for the first event particles won't stop or freeze.

I have two super simple events in my flow:

1. The first birth starts -400 frames and ends at -200, this event fills a box with referenced particles which ends with a "Stop" operator

2. The second event is identical except that the birth happens later at frame 300 and ends at 400.

So it's working perfectly, the only issue is the first group particles in the box never fully settle so there is some dynamic settling / jitter still happening prior to the second set of particles being dumped on top.

I figured the Stop operator would do it but I'm certain it's just a fault with my setup.

Ideally I would love to have a static set of particles already in the box... basically a static mesh of the partially filled box, but I could not figure out how to "bake" the particles into static geometry while still interacting with new particles being added on top.

I also tried caching them and adding the frame clamped cache as a collider object but as I'm sure you know this did not work.
Stop just killed velocities/spin, it doesn't disable physics on particles, so they will continue to move the next frame or whatever.

Use a particle/physx switch (depending on the solver you're using) to deactivate particles, so theyre not affected by the solver. Combined with a stop operator that should kill all motion.
Thank you sir!

I knew it would be a simple thing I was oblivious to. Big Grin
I was lost in noob-land so in case this helps anyone else, what worked was just as Tyson specified.

I placed a Stop operator followed by a PhysX Switch at the end of the first event.

Both with Timing set to Frame with identical frame ranges, and the PhysX Switch set to Dynamic (Sleep).
Hi, thanks
I was having the same problem.
I tried also to do the same but passing throw a time test instead of setting the frame for both operator but the particles collapse on the ground.
I really do not understand why.

I used the time test and than Stop and particle switch in my head i m expecting the same result. What do i miss?

I started with tyflow some weeks ago so i'm pretty noob too.
Share the screenshot of the flow, so people can see and help.

My blind guess is that you used PhysX, and then tried to remove it in the next event with Particle Switch, instead of the PhysX switch.
(06-11-2022, 08:38 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Share the screenshot of the flow, so people can see and help.

My blind guess is that you used PhysX, and then tried to remove it in the next event with Particle Switch, instead of the PhysX switch.

Hi, sorry for the delay in answering.
I was playing around and stupidly i do not save what i was doing so i no longer have the file.
I will post my current wip where i'm trying to solve some issues on sand study.

Thanks for help.