Car Destruction
hey tried to rebuild this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxe-C-U7...=CGPlugins

but everytime when i do the physx shape to the actor it just falls down?
is there a way around? is the video so old that things changed to much?
does anybody knows a nother way? 

Thanks!
No possible way to understand what you're talking about without pictures/videos/more info.
I dont know it got deleted, here is the other one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5HFPa6R...AllanMcKay

he puts the car in one tyflow voronoi it, scale it a bit down and group that in 1

than he puts it as an actor in an other flow and when he puts physx on the actor with a force the car collides with the ground and deforms,
when i rebuild it just passes the ground and nothing happens, when i put the flow 1 out of the group than it happens, but when i add the other car parts it just explodes and the skined mesh just deforms weirdly to the explosion and the voronoi of flow 1 is visible in flow 2 through the skinned mesh

or do i have to add all the parts of the car in flow 1 and make them kinematic phyxs or so?
or is there a "newer" way because the video is kinda old to make a car fracture rig as particle so i can birth them and destroy many on a wall or so you also did in the past i have seen

i really want to achive these effect Smile

thanks alot!

best regards luka
I mean pictures/videos of your setup and what's going wrong. It'll be much easier to diagnose than you trying to describe the issue.

Although since you mentioned groups it might be a group issue, especially since that's an old tutorial that was made before some group stuff was fixed years ago. Shortest answer: particles need to be in overlapping groups in order to collide. So if you add a particle to group 1, for example, make sure you enable group 1 in your PhysX ground (tyFlow PhysX rollout) in order for them to collide.
(11-23-2023, 02:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I mean pictures/videos of your setup and what's going wrong. It'll be much easier to diagnose than you trying to describe the issue.

Although since you mentioned groups it might be a group issue, especially since that's an old tutorial that was made before some group stuff was fixed years ago. Shortest answer: particles need to be in overlapping groups in order to collide. So if you add a particle to group 1, for example, make sure you enable group 1 in your PhysX ground (tyFlow PhysX rollout) in order for them to collide.

that with the group in the tyflow phy made it thanks Smile

now i import the typarticleskin object into a nother flow and he also takes the voronoi with it and displays it why is that so Sad?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)