tylooper with tycache not working correctly
I am simply trying to use tylooper on a tycache as i assumed they were compatable.

I turn off GPU instancing and tylooper appears to effect the mesh over the blend frames but it does not get not loop it until the final frame suddenly snaps into position.

tylooper works fine on alembic files, i was wondering if tylooper and tycache can work together or is it a bug?
Can you post the file/cache so I can take a look?
Sure here is a test file and tycache

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/zhsi85lcu...vltx4&dl=0

Thanks
Your loop is set to loop at end, which means it'll attempt to blend it into frames prior to the beginning (frame 0) to complete the transition...but no frame data exists in the cache at those negative frames, so there's nothing to blend it with.

Enable frame clamping in the tyCache Timing rollout and it'll work.
So enabled clamping in the timing rollout but it still didn't do anything. however setting a negative offset did work. but i would prefer not to have to offset the animtion. Could you please explain how to get it to work with clamping?

I thought tylooper just used the last 15 frames to push the geo into the position of the start frame, i was not aware of it using negative frames. Because inversely if i set the looper to "loop at beggining" and there are hundreds of positive frames after frame 100, it still does not work.

So really i would need to use a start frame of 15 and a blend frames of 15 in tylooper to get thing to work correctly, or just have negative frames.
Are you on the latest tyFlow build?

I opened your file, hit the clamp checkbox and it started working immediately.

As for "loop at beginning"...I think there's a bug where the curve is being interpreted the wrong way. If you switch it to a left-to-right ramp up, it works. I'll make a note to fix that.
Thank you for the earlier description, I was able to loop using this method, but when applied to the cache i actually want to loop it does not seem to work.

Is there any reason you can see that this wont work?

It is a scsatter of 1m particles, 37,467,700 polys

image attached

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If topology is changing at all then looping won't be possible.
(11-29-2023, 08:40 PM)tyFlow Wrote: If topology is changing at all then looping won't be possible.

Thank you! i had camera culling on for that part. all working now