Access Violation RTTI Error when rendering
We're experiencing a strange RTTI error when rendering with Redshift. It appears to be crashing Max during collecting of tyFlow/tyCache data.
I have also posted the logs on their forums here but wanted to keep you updated.
  • 3dsMax 2022
  • tyFlow 1.117
  • RS 3.6.04

It seems to only affect certain scenes and machines which makes it even more fun for us to diagnose! That being said, we've seen some luck with brute forcing the renders overnight, and some machines start rendering the jobs?!

Anyway, many thanks for any help with this.
[Image: 1725612748350-b9e45c05-7f74-457f-91a8-31...-image.png]

Attached Files
.zip   logs.zip (Size: 9.53 KB / Downloads: 19)
Do the machines generate a minidump when this happens?
(09-06-2024, 02:17 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Do the machines generate a minidump when this happens?

Yep, I have attached image of a possible reason

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you attach the actual minidump?
(09-06-2024, 04:01 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Can you attach the actual minidump?

here it isĀ  Heart

Attached Files
.zip   3dsmax_minidump.zip (Size: 1.44 MB / Downloads: 22)
Hmm, it's crashing in a very bizarre location, which makes me think that some other memory corruption is happening and the location in code the memory dump is pointing to is a symptom not the cause.

Could you send me a few minidumps from a few separate crashes? That way I can check if they all point to the same location or not (the latter would confirm my theory above). So like, 4 or 5 separate dumps from separate crashes, if you have them.
Thanks Tyson, I will try to get those to you next week I expect.
Maxon have reproduced the error and suggest that it's Deadline's fault - "catching a message that should not be treated as an abort".