Birth Voxels - Bug or am I missing Something - Edit 2nd Question Added
G'Day Tyson

I am working on a tutorial series and I am just revisiting the Birth Voxels Operator.  Its been a while for me on this operator, but I definitely remember in the past if I created voxels inside a sphere I got very consistent results and it looked the same from any side.  Now it seems there is some sort of offset.

Also look at the attached video for the cube, some voxels are missing (random) and also a single random on the other side.

The sphere is 5cm dia - the cube is 10x10x10 cm

Regards
  Rob

EDIT: 2nd Video added to question - Shows more prominent the offset in birth voxels, then also asks if progressive offset working correctly

Attached Files
.mp4   Potential Voxel Issue.mp4 (Size: 10.62 MB / Downloads: 17)
.mp4   tyFlow Birth Voxels Progressive Offset Question.mp4 (Size: 6.76 MB / Downloads: 14)
If you're using the Shape operator to scatter built-in cubes, keep in mind that "center pivots" is not on by default, so the particle pivot will be at the cube base. In your case, this gives the appearance of the cubes being offset in the voxel volume.
(09-09-2024, 02:23 AM)tyFlow Wrote: If you're using the Shape operator to scatter built-in cubes, keep in mind that "center pivots" is not on by default, so the particle pivot will be at the cube base. In your case, this gives the appearance of the cubes being offset in the voxel volume.

I didn't have center pivots option set, but setting it makes my offset worse and there still is no symmetry on the sphere. 5 sides are kinda equal, the sixth side almost flat.

is the progressive offset part of my question working as you expect it to ?

Thanks Tyson, 

I don't mean to pester you, I am working on a tutorial set, that's why I am asking
You'll have to post your file so I can look at your settings.