Open Cl not available
for some reason opencl is not available in tyflow . option is faded and in new 16015 version the selection drop-down  mentions " opencl Not Vailable "

Click the "Print OpenCL info" in the debugging rollout and read what's printed in the listener. Probably you have a defunct OpenCL.DLL sitting in your max directory or it can't find it for some other reason.
Welcome to MAXScript.

tyFlow success: AuraLoader successfully initialized with threadManager. Multi-threaded PhoenixFD loading is enabled.
tyFlow001: [frames: 0-0 (0 steps)] [particles: (live: 0 | pool: 0 | allocated: 100000)] Time: [startSim: 0.052s] [stepSim: 0s] [physics: 0s] [buildMesh: 0.0044s]

System OpenCL (GPU) Info:

OpenCL.DLL found...

No OpenCL devices found.

i tried to press reinitialize openCL

it prints :
tyFlow: OpenCL failed to re-initialize!
If it says it can't find OpenCL.DLL...then that's why.

Please ensure you've installed your GPU's latest drivers. Then search your HD to see where OpenCL.DLL is installed. Make sure that the location is visible in your system PATHs directories (the driver installer should do this already but maybe another application changed it or something). If you have a stub OpenCL.DLL file (<100kb) in your max directory (installed by AMD ProRender, for example) make a backup of it and then try removing it.
hi,
Thank you very much for your support.
i checked max directory and there was OpenCl.dll in root directory with size of 29kb . not sure what installed it there.
removing it enabled opencl features.

Smile
Great! Smile
This post also helped me. Thank you so much!
I have same problem I searched for OpenCL.DLL and found lot of them but still doesn't work in tyflow.
https://i.imgur.com/AyzFtRm.png
https://i.imgur.com/8i6SfTR.png
Fresh install on Windows 10 machine and I got this problem too. Latest Nvidia drivers (studio), latest Cuda ToolKit, latest TyFlow install. OpenCl.dll is found in 3dsmax root directory and several windows folders. Still no luck.
Quote:OpenCl.dll is found in 3dsmax root directory

You should not have an OpenCLL.dll in your max root directory. Please see:

https://docs.tyflow.com/faq/performance/
Thanks! So needed to delete Opencl.dll and noOpenCL.tyf.  Smile
(04-26-2019, 04:20 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Great! Smile

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and have tried the above, to no avail.

I'm using a Nvidia RTX 2070.

I get the same response from the Print GPU info and the Re-initialize GPU.

System OpenCL (GPU) Info:

OpenCL.DLL found...

No OpenCL devices found.

tyFlow: OpenCL failed to re-initialize!
tyFlow: CUDA successfully re-initialized!

I have replace the OpenCL.dll in the System32 folder as well, as replacing the videocard drivers didn't work.
Try placing OpenCL.dll (the proper one bundled with your GPU drivers) in the 3ds Max root directory.
(04-05-2024, 01:32 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Try placing OpenCL.dll (the proper one bundled with your GPU drivers) in the 3ds Max root directory.

I still get the same error, but i am copying the one from the System 32 folder as that's the same directory that the graphics card is using in Device manager.

If i look in the Nvidia drivers all i see are the Open32 and Open64 files?
I've checked the video card drivers through device manager and it's reading the System32 OpenCL.dll file
I have done a complete uninstall of my graphics card drivers using the DDU software and reinstall.  i still can't get Tflow to connect to the OpenCL.dll file.

I really need help with this please @admin!

I paid for the TyFlow Pro with the sole purpose of helping me get faster simulations and i don't feel i'm getting that at all at the mo.
Please contact me directly for more support on this issue: support@tyflow.com, as I'll likely need to send you a custom debug build to further diagnose the issue.