How to achieve this effect
Anyone know how to achieve the effect in the first 15 seconds of the linked video? The part that is stumping me is how the mesh has its smoothing groups after being reassembled. I get that its probably a reversed animation. When I apply a voronoi fracture, you can clearly see the location of the cuts and the object loses its smoothness. Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...ZehVRDg4io
tyFlow doesn't support explicit normals post-fracture yet. In the meantime you can just do a simple mask between the two passes (fracture and un-fractured) in post.
(05-17-2019, 10:20 PM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow doesn't support explicit normals post-fracture yet. In the meantime you can just do a simple mask between the two passes (fracture and un-fractured) in post.

That would be a very handy feature though! The example above looks like C4D to me, which does re-calculate smoothing groups I believe on a per-frame basis.

- Spencer
(05-17-2019, 10:20 PM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow doesn't support explicit normals post-fracture yet. In the meantime you can just do a simple mask between the two passes (fracture and un-fractured) in post.

Thanks for the reply! Hope this gets implemented some time in the future. Keep up the great work!