Surface Test bug ?
So, it looks like when using a Surface Test set to "Inside Volume", when the object that is tested against the particles is animated, the animation is ignored from the Surface Test and only takes account the first frame.

Any other option, like "Outside Volume", "Distance to surface" etc are working fine when the test object is animated.

Could this be a bug, or a "feature"?

Thanks,
Greg

Edit: tested on Max2019 with v0.30
I tested here in a simple setup and it works as expected (it works for both deformations and transform motion in my test). Could you upload a scene file illustrating the problem you're having?
(06-15-2019, 02:25 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I tested here in a simple setup and it works as expected (it works for both deformations and transform motion in my test). Could you upload a scene file illustrating the problem you're having?

Hm...
False alarm; it works fine...

I was deleting particles inside the volume and had the wrong impression that they should re-appear once the test object moved away.... Big Grin
But, that needs a few extra steps to setup; the surface test works fine.

Sorry about that...
Ah yea, once a particle is deleted it's gone for good.

An alternative would be to send particles to an event with no display/mesh operator when they're inside a volume, then in that event have an "outside volume" surface test that sends them back to the original event. That way particles will only be visible/renderable when outside the volume. And looping events like that is perfectly fine in tyFlow.