New TyFlow User....Problem with scale
Hi There. Please forgive the simple question.
I have built a very simple tyflow to basically emit some extruded letter geometry upward and built in gravity pulls them down. I am working at scale. the letters represent refrigerator magnet letters being pushed out of a plane (geometry) at ground level. The problem Im having is that the scale of the letter geometry seems to have gone wrong when being emitted. Please see the attached image. The A,M and P are the original geometry. the smaller tall letters are what is being emitted. My goal was to have duplicates of the letter geometry be emitted and not scaled down versions. Am I missing something?
Thank you in advance for any help Smile
Andy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What is the scale of the original A/M/P? When using a Shape operator tyFlow ignores input geometry scale. So you can either reset the xform of your input objects, so their current scale is considered default, or set the scale of your particles in the Shape operator to match the scale of the input geometry.
Hi there.
Thank you for responding. I feel silly. I threw caution to the wind and did just that. I reset the x-form and now she scale of the objects is as one would expect. This does raise a question though.
The Shape Operator does indeed have a scale setting. would it be possible to split the xyz scale value in a later iteration?
I really appreciate your attention to my question.
Kind regards,
Andy
The Shape operator's scale setting is merely for convenience. For full scale control you'll want to use a Scale operator, which has separate spinners for x/y/z.
Thumbs Up 
(07-01-2019, 04:20 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The Shape operator's scale setting is merely for convenience. For full scale control you'll want to use a Scale operator, which has separate spinners for x/y/z.
Gotcha Wink .
Thank you