animated Collision obejcts
Hi 
some time ago i requested animated collision objects. now i saw that the pont in the Roadmap isnt there anymore. is it implemented or cancelled ? 

Regards 
H.Kroeber
Are you referring to PhysX collision objects that are created by generating per-face convex hulls, similar to the mode that pflow offers in its PhysX collider modifier?

It's cancelled because when I went to implement it, I realized the work required to re-design the PhysX Collider operator to include that was not worth the trouble -- especially when I also realized it's quite easy to do in tyFlow already, with a couple extra steps:

Birth Shape -> Face Fracture -> Object Bind (to the Birth Shape input). That will split an object into constituent faces that follow the original mesh animation. From there, add a PhysX Switch (kinematic) and a PhysX Shape of your choice. That will give the intended effect. I may eventually add a preset of some sort in tyFlow to automate the creation of those events or whatever as well.

The next batch of example files will include a conveyor belt example, using this method.
(07-01-2019, 02:27 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Are you referring to PhysX collision objects that are created by generating per-face convex hulls, similar to the mode that pflow offers in its PhysX collider modifier?

It's cancelled because when I went to implement it, I realized the work required to re-design the PhysX Collider operator to include that was not worth the trouble -- especially when I also realized it's quite easy to do in tyFlow already, with a couple extra steps:

Birth Shape -> Face Fracture -> Object Bind (to the Birth Shape input). That will split an object into constituent faces that follow the original mesh animation. From there, add a PhysX Switch (kinematic) and a PhysX Shape of your choice. That will give the intended effect. I may eventually add a preset of some sort in tyFlow to automate the creation of those events or whatever as well.

The next batch of example files will include a conveyor belt example, using this method.

Yeah…
this was was last step to forget about pflow and thinking Particles … ;-)  Thanks for that. 

Regards 
H.Kroeber
Preset for that would be great!