Rendering issues thread
Hey Steve,

I opened the first spline file from the example scenes, switched to Redshift and rendered with/without motion blur and the splines were rendered fine.

So if you have a scene where you can repro the issue, please send to support@tyflow.com.
insertmesh:

After a bit of research, VRay doesn't support displacement maps in materials on its internal data type, which is what I'm using for tyFlow. To get your displacement map to work and also use the map in the mtl you assigned, add a VRayDisplacementMod to the tyFlow and set "use object mtl" to true. That works for me over here (only if Mesh operator is set to "trimesh" though...this method is not supported on instances).
Jep, that works.
Not for what I want though, but I already expected that (get displacement on the cap faces of voronoi fragments...). Well, I can do that, but it doesn´t llok good, since the displacement on just the caps breaks the geometry.
(04-09-2019, 03:39 PM)insertmesh Wrote: Vray material displacement doesn´t seem to work, if you assign Material to tyFlow icon.

Vraydisplacement modifier works, if you set mesh op to triangle mesh and untick "render only".

Vraymaterial displacement would be handy in case you are birthing different particle shapes, that are supposed to have different displacements on them.

same here
Thats actually something for the vray devs...find a way to deal with multi sub material displacement, that doesn´t break neigbouring faces.
Some sort of advanced distance texture blending between material with displacement and material without displacement.
I have an obvious problem rendering motion blur with V-Ray (in my case using a tyCache). Since sub-frames of changing topology show particles scaling down and up when getting deleted or created, this is visible in the motion blur as well. Is there any way to get clean motion blur of particles that get fragmented?
Is there new news about octane?  Cry
hi  how do i enable motion blur to work with octane and ty flow?  When movable proxy is off (in octane property dialog) mb is not working when movable proxy is on and mb is on mesh wont update

i attached the scene
Thanks
To clarify, Does MoBlur and Displacement work together in with Vray 4 and Max 2020? 

Trying to blow some rocks up, using vray displacement mod with 'use object material' to assign multi-sub object mat, and I would like to get the moblur in camera. Upgraded to vray 4 and finding that Max 2018 isn't working for this.  I read that there is an issue with vray instances, so instead use triangle mesh. I haven't yet installed Max 2020, but wanted to verify before I do.
(12-06-2019, 09:17 PM)spectrl Wrote: To clarify, Does MoBlur and Displacement work together in with Vray 4 and Max 2020? 

Trying to blow some rocks up, using vray displacement mod with 'use object material' to assign multi-sub object mat, and I would like to get the moblur in camera. Upgraded to vray 4 and finding that Max 2018 isn't working for this.  I read that there is an issue with vray instances, so instead use triangle mesh. I haven't yet installed Max 2020, but wanted to verify before I do.

Any info on this? Am I missing a step?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

otoy keeps promising to work with tyflow but mb still doesn't work. I wonder if you have to apply "octane geometry properties modifier". It's sued to fix bug with wrong mb direction when using 3ds max native particles

(12-11-2019, 07:06 PM)spectrl Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 09:17 PM)spectrl Wrote: To clarify, Does MoBlur and Displacement work together in with Vray 4 and Max 2020? 

you do have to select ty flow events and go to octane properties and enable movable proxeis and mb including vertex mb.  But i doubt it will work
(12-11-2019, 07:06 PM)spectrl Wrote:

it works now with a new octane build https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic....82#p374882
I don't know if this thread is still active, but I have a problem and have been wondering is there some sort of workaround or am I missing something.
Renderer: Vray

I have seven TyFlow systems in the scene, each one of them exported to cache, then systems are hidden so that renderer would render only the cached files from TyCache actors.
The problem is that with each frame rendered the "Scene compilation" is increasing drastically. Lets say I started with 1 min per frame, by frame 10 this time goes up to 7 min from which actual rendering is 1 min and 6 minutes are "scene compilation" phase.
In TyCache actors I made sure to force not to update and restart cache after every render, I also made sure that I use actual mesh in the viewport and everything is 100% loaded straight in the viewport so that render engine would not compile stuff in the beginning. I don't use any displacement, no modifiers on top, just TyCache and nothing else. Any suggestions guys? I use Vray GPU, and it seems that in CPU its a bit faster to compile but rendertime is awful. At the end of the day because of the compiling phase timings are very close to each other.
I'd suggest lodging the report with ChaosGroup. I don't control what happens during those rendering phases. There's not really an internal difference between collecting cache data for rendering and scrubbing to that same frame on the timeline. So if time doesn't increase with each frame when you play the sequence back in the view, then perhaps something internal is happening in VRay to cause the slowdown. The possibility exists that it's a tyFlow thing, but CG are the only ones who can confirm it.