Light operator-Matrix light animation
Hi,Tyson!

Light operator

First of all, I'm not sure about the difficulty of this thing. It may be very complicated. But I want to put forward such an idea.

Usually, when we animate the light matrix, we need to export the light substitution. This will naturally have many inconveniences. I think if there is an operator that gives particle light attributes, everything will be simple.

The light operator can convert the particles of an event into particle light, and can control the color change of particle light through custom attributes. This real-time change and adjustment will greatly improve the work efficiency and the difficulty of making lighting matrix animation.

thank you!
Oh! My goodness! Your idea is too good, this is exactly what we need.
Oh! My goodness! Your idea is too good, this is exactly what we need.
+1 great idea
I think it's better to support native lights of each renderer, rather than legacy omnis, the way tP does it. And for that you can either use Export Particles (and use the provided maxscript option for syncing light properties to particles), or wait for renderers to support tyFlow's updated particle interface which allows for rendertime instancing of any object (including lights).
I think this is unnecessary,because,There is something called Light material。
(08-20-2021, 07:16 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I think it's better to support native lights of each renderer, rather than legacy omnis, the way tP does it. And for that you can either use Export Particles (and use the provided maxscript option for syncing light properties to particles), or wait for renderers to support tyFlow's updated particle interface which allows for rendertime instancing of any object (including lights).

Of course, it is better to get the light properties, such as color, brightness, even including attenuation, etc., such as random control, brightness, such as light show, lighting growth animation, export, and other software interactions