TyFracture for wood processing?
Photo 
I wonder if TyFracture would be correct tool for chipping a log sides. I have normally done this by using boolean or V-Ray slice, but then I would need an additional particle system and don't see the log being cut. I modeled this log mid 90's by using Digimation's Clay Studio Pro metaspline and have used it in my sawing animation ever since.

So I'm looking a way to permanently reduce geometry as log object passes the blades.

I decided to use the fast lane - tyBoolean, which, by the way is much better than built in Max booleans. However I would really like to dig in to tyFracture. It has endless possibilities in technical visualization & animation.

OT. In the early years of Max, I exported the objects to 3DS and opened them in 3D-Studio for MS DOS. by then it was much more robust than built in Max Booleans.
If you need to perform successive cutting operations, you can use the Boolean particle operator in the latest build. Import your object with a Birth Object operator, then use a Boolean operator (with Timing set to "continuous") to perform multiple subtraction operations on it over time using your cutting geometry. See attached.

Attached Files
.max   lathe.max (Size: 652 KB / Downloads: 3)