Cloth and motion blur (without shell)
Hello Tyson,
I'm having another problem with motion blur, a few days ago you explained to me that if I enable the shell feature with tearing, the face count changes and that makes it (without the unified mesh velocity framework) currently not possible to calculate motion blur- understood.

Now I've tested tearing cloth with motion blur on some smaller scenes and it worked fine without the shell feature.

But I'm currently working on RND for a production scene in which I do -not- use the shell feature for tearing cloth and for some reason (other then in my smaller test scenes) it seems that I can not get motion blur to work on the tearing cloth at all regardless of the shell feature being enabled or not.

I really do not want to bother you too much but if you could have a look at that scene it would be fantastic.
I've stripped the scene down to a bare minimum and I hope you can reproduce the behavior.

(26mb)
http://fridayvfx.com/clipupload/tyFlowdebug.7z

Again thank you very much for your work.
-Robert
Hi Robert,

One thing I forgot to mention last time: the "chamfer pinched verts" setting in the Cloth operator can also introduce new faces to the cloth mesh when tearing is enabled. Disabling that should fix your issue.
That is frigging amazing! Smile

Thank you very much!